Monday, February 1, 2010

March PD Party

So while I have not RSVP'd yet, I will be going to the PD Party hosted by Jean Sullivan in SC. The theme is Masquerade and I am really liking it. I googled the word Masquerade image search and found this site that make these really cool masks ( http://www.karnevalmasque.com/home.html ). I feel really inspired, I can't wait to get started on it. The doll is actually an older doll who's almost flapper-esq, but she's cute and I think she'll probably end up with some wigs too since she has short blond hair. I printed out shots of the masks I like (there's a ton of them to be honest) so I can use them for ideas. Like paper muses. I will probably, possibly upload them here. I don't really see why I wouldn't. However they will def. be posted to my Picasa. I have ideas swirling around in my head.

On another, yet still similar, note the Paper Doll Studio Dress-a-Doll is also giving me inklings of ideas. I really want to draw for it mainly because the dolls are drawn by Tom Tierney. He's the one person I think I'd actually be star struck over. I don't think it'll be possible for me not to feel like a babbling idiot when I meet him one day. I might even cry. However, the theme for that is western and that's not really my specialty. I don't know if I can post the dolls here, but I can post the outfits I suppose.

It's all up in the air and it's a new year full of art possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment