Monday, February 8, 2010

Organizing my collection.

I'm trying to catalog all my sets. So much writing. I worked on it between 4 & 5 hours last night after the kiddles we to bed and I'm still not done. I think I got maybe 3/4 of the way through. I'm sorting them by artist whenever I can and by type when I cannot. What has been surprising is how many doubles I didn't know I had. I buy a lot of my sets from ebay and usually in multiple book deals, so I don't spend as much. However, I now see I still managed to spend quite a bit. I suppose I'll try to do more tonight most likely.

I have postponed my autumn dress for the pd party, I really want to used pictures of foliage from upstate NY as a guide or implemented into the design. So I need to find pictures before I can do that. I did start a rough sketch of a blue snowflake/ice princess costume. I'm not really sure about it so far though, I don't really have a clear picture in my mind yet I guess. I'm sure I just need to get to it and it's figure itself out.

I've been thinking about my Suede doll and I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to have to make her some flesh toned undies before I make her my official blog doll. I have no issues about colored pencil nudity, but some do. I want them to be able to enjoy my dolls as well. I find that for the most part I prefer no undergarments because sometimes they can show through a pale colored outfit. Also it limits what you can do neckline wise. I think though that if I make her underclothes flesh toned they will cover up the doll and not show through any outfits. *crosses fingers* So that will be coming up sometime this week (publicly committing myself to a deadline makes it more likely I'll get it done).

Found a website (due to a paper doll group member) that is devoted to one of my favorites The Ginghams. http://home.xnet.com/~countzi/ginghams.htm She have pictures of many different (super adorable) sets. She also has a few links to her other websites which you might like.

No comments:

Post a Comment